-
Bernie Sanders Urges Support of California Billionaire Tax at Los Angeles Rally - 24 mins ago
-
NBC Olympics President Fires Back After Ilia Malinin Takes Shot at the Media - 53 mins ago
-
What To Know About the Trial of Yoon Suk Yeol, South Korea’s Ousted Leader - about 1 hour ago
-
Democrat Facing Backlash for Post on Potomac River Sewage Spill - about 1 hour ago
-
Senators decry surge in ICE detention deaths, cite poor medical care - 2 hours ago
-
As ICE Buys Up Warehouses, Even Some Trump Voters Say No - 2 hours ago
-
Malibu sues California, L.A. and others to try to recoup fire losses - 2 hours ago
-
Mark Zuckerberg Takes the Stand in Social Media Addiction Trial - 3 hours ago
-
Southern California man charged with murder of missing teen after remains found in Salton Sea area - 3 hours ago
-
Eileen Gu Reveals Death Threats After Choosing China Over USA at Olympics - 3 hours ago
L.A. Metro relocates buses with ‘Melania’ ads after vandalism

In January, promotional posters for “Melania,” a documentary film about the first lady, were installed at bus stops across Los Angeles.
But soon, the posters began to accumulate graffiti, photos show: devil horns scribbled atop her head, a Hitler-style mustache and scrawled expletives referring to her husband’s association with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.
L.A. Metro officials said the vandalism spree was “extensive and severe,” and occurred after federal immigration agents last weekend shot and killed U.S. citizen Alex Pretti amid widespread tumultuous protests in Minneapolis.
The agency, worried that vandals would also target actual buses sporting ads for Melania Trump’s namesake documentary, decided to move the vehicles to other locations where there are fewer such concerns, Metro spokesperson Patrick Chandler said Thursday.
“Given that Metro buses have had significant vandalism and damage during previous periods of heightened public activity, we made the decision in the interest of protecting our riders, employees and assets, and out of an abundance of caution, to shift some of these buses to areas where we were not observing that vandalism,” Chandler said in the emailed statement.
The ads have run for three weeks so far, out of a four-week ad buy. The “Melania” documentary, produced by Amazon MGM Studios, is set to be released in theaters on Friday.
The L.A. area has contended with much vandalism related to President Trump over the years. His star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, for example, was continually defaced during his first term — including with a spray-painted swastika and a “mute” icon — and was reportedly vandalized again recently.
The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, which operates the Walk of Fame, has previously said it has no plans to remove the star. Officials did not immediately respond to a request for comment Thursday.
Source link







